Tuesday, November 8, 2016

But...I swatched!!!

I don't know about you, but I am not a swatcher. That being said I do understand the need for them. So when I decided to knit a sweater for the hubs I knew I needed to swatch and I did. I swatched, I washed I blocked, I measured and I got the gauge I needed. Then I busted out the needles and started knitting...and knitting...and knitting, and then I got nervous. The bottom of the sweater like most is ribbing and ribbing sort of scrunches in on itself; hats just part of its charm. But this looked like it was scrunching up TOO much, so I measured. I measured down and I came up short. I was using the wrong size needle and didn't realize it until nearly 7,000 stitches in....UGH! Sadly, this is not the first time this has happened. I did the same thing recently with a pair of socks. I'm not emotionally ready to recount this yet; it's just too soon. The up side to this sad story is: I didn't have the right needle size with a long enough cord so I was *forced* to run to a LYS on my lunch break and get some new ChiaoGoo's!!! And now for something completely different: it's Election Day and I voted. This feels like it has been the longest election season ever. I am glad it will finally be over soon. I am just going to plant myself on the couch and knit...not a sweater, but a lovely new coaster for my desk. Mindless knitting is about all I can do today. Hope all is well with you, keep in touch! Thanks for stopping by the Little House, happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment